Jan 3, 2011

Autumn 2010 - A Very Quick Overview

In September I headed back to work teaching grade one and coaching cross country.  Coaching went well and as usual I love my class.

In October I decided to replace my first road bike with a new one.  Yes, I could have replaced parts on my old bike but it would be like putting a new engine on a beater car.  Below is the newest member of my family.


In November I was lucky enough to have a four day weekend which I took full advantage of.  I headed to San Francisco with friends from work (even one retired friend).  You see, I really do work in a great place.  How many of you would head away for four days with people from work because you WANT to not because you have to!  Needless to say the weekend was filled with shopping, food and drink, and plenty of laughs.  Here's a few pictures from the fun.

Dinner with the gang (less photographer Nancy)

Napa Valley - need I say more - it was a stunning day!

 Me and Erica at a Napa Winery

The Entire Gang

Two weekends after my trip to San Francisco I headed to Seattle with my good friend Tammy (where we met up with my good friend Elaine and her hubby).  Tammy and I managed to get into a little shopping trouble before completing (with Elaine) the Seattle Marathon on Sunday, Nov 28.  It wasn't one of my better marathons (heck it ranks with the worst of them).  I'm just really slow these days despite running very consistently with Elaine and Michele on the weekends,  Erica and Megan during the week. But it was what it was.  If this link still works here are the pictures the official photographer took from my race.  Official Seattle Marathon Photos

Oh the weekend between San Fran and Seattle my good friend Mona from Calgary snuck through Vancouver International Airport.  I was able to spend athe morning at the airport with her which was really wonderful.  It was a reminder that I need to get back to cowtown more often.  I have two good friends living there.

In December I was busy with Christmas parties and open houses.  I over ate and over drank and had a wonderful time doing both.  It was such a change from December 2009 when I was socializing with such few people (some great people but not too many people).  It was nice to get back to my "annual" Christmas parties with some friends I only see once or twice a year.  Unfortunately the scale is a clear reminder of how wonderful of a time I had.  


A great visit with my friends Kathy, Josie, and Ana (from Calgary)

So that's the sum up of the autumn 2010.  Now that the new year is upon us I have some new and exciting things in store.  Hopefully I'll get better at keeping this blog up to date but of course you can always e-mail or call me if you're curious.

Happy New Year!  K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen, What beautiful photos.
Congratulations on another Marathon.
I hope you are well. Thinking of you. Erin