Jul 18, 2011

Where does the time go?

It's funny,  I'm not really sure what happened to me and this blog.  Things have changed in my life and this blog has been painfully neglected.  After my trip to Australia in March I started to focus on my one triathlon for 2011 - the Oliver Half Ironman.  In addition I had a teacher candidate from UBC in my classroom full time and the Vancouver Canucks went on a very long run in the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs.  I'd be lying if I said that none of that impacted my time.  Once I realized that I actually had to get on a bike to do a Half Ironman I rode my road bike every weekend, and even made sure to attend spin classes on a regular basis.  My running was still some what neglected but I did swim regularly too.  I spent time supporting/guiding my student teacher as I dove deeper into my quest for meeting all the needs of the children in my classroom at their own personalized level.  And those Canucks what a ride that was.  It's really too bad they lost the final game of the season but the better team won.  We (the Canucks) were too broken and beaten up to win.  It's sad really as I'm not sure if we will make it back to that level anytime soon.

Unfortunately, personally I'm in a bit of a funk.  I'm  highly unmotivated to exercise and my eating habits haven't been great either. This has led to me feeling like a far less fit person, and fatter too.  I'm searching for a new challenge or goal that will keep me smiling, and keep me fit. So far little has peaked my curiosity though.  I'm also tired of doing so many things on my own.  I have a great group of friends but they are all busy with their lives/boyfriends/husbands/children/schooling.  What's happening now is that instead of doing things on my own, I'm sitting home and doing little else but playing on my computer or watching bad tv.  This isn't me at all and it's sad that I'm in this place right now.  Things will improve, the have to don't they?  I'm still keen to meet a guy, and get a boyfriend who likes to do some of the things that I like to do.  I'm interested in getting out there more because if I'm not careful I'll get old.  I've never thought of myself as someone old so I really do hope I'm not going down that path.

Okay, I still have the rest of July and August off from work.  Time to snap out of the funk and enjoy this unstructured time a little more.

 Karen

On a positive note.... look after several months I HAVE written a blog!!

No comments: