Scared
Yup, that's right I'm scared. I'm not scared because I think I've made a mistake with my decision. I know I haven't. I'm scared because it's the unknown. How will I survive in Thailand and Hong Kong on my own? Will everything work out in Australia? Being frightened isn't a bad thing, it is just one of the emotions I'm dealing with these days.
Sad
The other day at work I was approached by a friend who was trying to organize something special for me before I leave for my adventure. You'd think this would bring a smile to my face. Initially it did but the more we talked the more I realized how sad it will be to leave the people that I care about and that care about me. Ultimately that's what I'm doing. I'm leaving everyone behind. I will survive, but I'm certain there will be many tears shed until I get settled into my new life.
Excited
Of course I'm excited! I'm about to spend a year living in Australia. There will be so much to see, so much to explore, and so much to do. I've already searched the internet looking for potential destination marathons. While teaching I will have three two week vacations and a few long weekends. I probably should buy stock in the Australian airlines because if an opportunity presents itself I'll be traveling to get there.
T- 30 days until I leave. I sure hope I can hold it together.
8 comments:
Yaaaay :)
I am so happy that you decided to start this blog.
You have me as a guaranteed loyal reader for the whole year that's for sure.
The fear the sadness and the excitement, they will all snuggle comfortably into you courage that will carry them all
Thanks Gili. I know that once I'm settled into my new life this post will just make me laugh.
You can count me in as a second avid reader. I will be checking to see where you are and what wonderful adventures you are having. Scared,sad and excited? Yep, I have all those feelings too for my move, at least you don't have to suffer with selling your house in the worst real estate depression in living memory!
Safe journey, Karen.
YAY! I'm so glad you created a blog. Let me tell you, if anything will help your sadness while you're gone it will be the ability to blog!!
I think the combination of emotions is perfectly normal - as you are off on a fabulous adventure but into the unknown! However, I am sure that your smile and energy and general sunniness will mean that you meet people and make friends quickly. It will seem strange at first, of course (speaking from my own experience) but will quickly become comfortable. Well, except for those crazy hook turns on Melbourne streets where there are trams - remind me to warn you about those.
If you ever wanted to learn swing dancing, Melbourne is the place. I may even be able to connect you with some friends who are still dancing there. Seems like a great way to build a social life!
Karen BABY you go girl...You are my idol.. I tell everyone about you and what a go getter you are..This is such an exciting moment in your life...When you come home, we will still all be here LOVING you!!!!!!!!
Love Alison
I'm so excited you're doing this adventure and BLOGGING it. Going to Aussie land was one of the first things you said to me when I first met you. Yay you!
I know that you are now in Thailand......I hope you are a little more relaxed and enjoying some beach and sunshine. Anxious for photos. Have fun.
Post a Comment