Nov 26, 2008

They Know...


My poor sweet wonderful grade one class.  I'm sure they didn't see this coming.  

Today I had to tell them that I'm only with them until Christmas break.  I started by telling them about my exciting vacation in Thailand and Hong Kong.  When I was finished  I told them my news about  how I wasn't coming back to Canada after my vacation.  I brought out the globe and showed them where we live now and where I will be living.  I told them about the teacher coming from Australia.  I showed them pictures of her and I pointed out her great big friendly smile.  I nearly cried in front of my class.

At first I think they were in shock and they were sad.  But kids are tough.  Through out the day I tried to speak with each one individually to see how they felt.  Most are sad, but most are also excited to have a teacher from Australia come and teach them.  

Thankfully children are strong.  I know they will be fine and I will too.  My Australian exchange partner is one lucky lady.  I have a truly wonderful class this year.


No comments: