Anyhow, today I stayed a little later than normal to catch a glimps of the Olympic Torch Relay as it came down the street near my school. It was very cool to witness the event. At first a car came down the main road to let us know that the torch would be coming past in a few minutes. Then police cars and sponsor vehicles (which were more like floats) came by. Finally a torch runner was in our sights. She stopped at the corner not too far from where I was and lit the next runner's torch. The new runner was then off running past me. Here a few pictures to enjoy.
The crazy Royal Bankers!
The Coca Cola Truck
The Torch Runner
(His mom ran by me and was so proud of her son)
And there he goes..
If you can imagine things are really buzzing around my city because the 2010 Winter Olympics officially begin in four days. I can't wait to take in all that the games have to offer. There are a ton of FREE events and venues too so I'm sure I'll be missing a lot of sleep in the next couple of weeks. I'll try to take some photos around town. In the mean time here's one photo taken just last month of my home town, Vancouver, Canada. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment