Feb 20, 2010

Olympics Week One

I apologize if you’re reading this because it means there isn’t really a blog yet just some photos of what I’ve seen around town this past week.  What’s really sad is that I’ve seen a whole lot more but I can’t seem to get the photos off my phone so you’ll have to just enjoy these ones.  A real blog will replace this message soon enough but in the mean time I’ve got some Olympic fun to enjoy.
Karen


Street of Lanterns (On Granville Street)

Granville Street (Downtown Vancouver)
Holland House, Richmond B.C.
Me holding an official Olympic Torch
Aboriginal Lanterns (on Granville Street)

Me and Elaine riding to Sochi, Russia

Robson Square - Free Venue in Dowtown Vancouver
(Also home of the FREE Zip line)

Coca Cola Pavillion in Yaltown Live 
(another FREE Venue in downtown Vancouver)
One of several FREE stages around town
(LiveCity Yaletown Stage)

Nightly Fireworkds from Live City Yaletown
(I live just across the water and this was a ten minute walk from my home)

Cypress Mountain - home of many of the Freestyle Events
(notice the lack of SNOW)

Women's Aerials (Qualification Round)
There is an athlete flying in the air if you look closely.
(I have a lot more of these types of photos)
Packing down the landing between rounds of competition.
(Notice how AWFUL the weather looks  - NOT!!)
Me at my only official Olympic event.
More shots of Cypress Mountain.
(Ski cross training was taking place on the mountain but I don't think you can see them in this photo)


The line up to catch the Olympic bus back into town - although it was long it moved quite quickly.

The Bay in Downtown Vancouver
Home of the "Official Olympic Merchandise"
(It had a line up at all times!)

Looking out at the corner of Robson and Howe on a typical night.
(Downtown Vancouver)


Robson and Howe

Me, Shelley, Michelle, and Michelle at Robson and Granville
(This photo was taken by one of the many "friendly" police officers)

Irish House
(Always busy, always filled with drunks)

A Dance party on the streets of Yaletown
(Downtown Vancouver)
Fake Snow and a Canada US Dance Party

Maple Leaf Karen

Yahoo Fancouver - a cool interactive display outside on the street in Yaletown

Michelle and I outside of the Coca Cola Pavillion 
at Live City Yaletown
Sam Roberts Concert

ME at the Sam Roberts Concert


No comments: