My friend had her surgery and from what I can tell all went exceptionally well. She still has a long road in front of her and I can assure you she's going to do her best to keep the upper hand.
My report cards were written ( and no, they didn't have to be written twice), and I've met with some of the parents of my students. My students are making excellent gains too so I'm really quite pleased. I'm still loving my job and I'm super motivated to try new things. I love my school.
I'm still training pretty consistently too averaging three runs, three swims, and two rides a week. I'm still slow like stink but that's okay too. I swim, bike, and run with some amazing girlfriends so even if I'm super slow (and I spend some time on my own) people often loop back to get me, or wait up if I get too far behind.
My road bike got really sick and I was worried that I would have to put it to rest permanently. It's still on its last leg (unless I want to pump more cash into it than it's actually worth) but I'm able to take it out. Unfortunately I can't rely on it to change gears, and when climbing a hill this can be a huge problem (especially since I climb like a snail). But, it's still going so I'm still riding it. Soon enough my "fancy" bike will make it out on to the streets and hopefully then I'll regain some of my speed. Hopefully....
I've had some trouble with my back which had me not running on the land. It sucked but I think I've just about got that under control too. But the back injury also helped me get reacquainted with water running which I actually really like (as long as I'm with a friend).
Over the Easter weekend I took a little walk around my city. Here are a few of the photos I took as I walked across the Granville Street Bridge. You'll notice that unlike during the Olympics in February, we actually had snow on our local mountains in April.
But the thing that has been sucking up the most of my time, is the National Hockey League Playoffs. My Vancouver Canucks made it to the playoffs and had to play the LA Kings in a best of seven series. The first three games were nail bitters which sent my heart racing. After three games we were down two games to one but thankfully managed to come back and win the next three in a row. I LOVE playoff hockey - so much intensity - but I also hate the stress that it brings. It's brought me a lot of stress these past couple of weeks. Thankfully we have a few days before we move on to the second round.
The view from the seats I was in during one of the final games of the regular season.
(I've actually been really lucky since I've returned to Canada because I've been to four Canucks games including a playoff game! I think it pays to let people know that you love hockey).
Watching game six of the LA/Vancouver Round One Series with my Twin Sisters.
They were sporting the Sedin Twins shirts - two excellent Canucks (who are twins too)
Bring on Round Two!
No comments:
Post a Comment