I also had two friends running in their first marathon. What's special about these two people is that they are work colleagues (okay Ellen just retired last year but I still think of her as a work colleague). A few years back I started a run club for my staff at school. I started very slowly with the goal of having them run 30 mins non stop after twenty weeks. Yes, not a lofty goal, but a goal all the same. What was so cool about today's marathon is that two of them - Ellen and Janine, ran their first marathons. I very clearly remember having conversations with them way back when (not that many years ago) about how they could run a marathon if they really wanted to. At that point in time a ten km race seemed like the perfect goal. and since then they've kept running. Today they ran their first marathons in amazing times. If Ellen were a year older she would have qualified for Boston! Can you imagine? Needless to say I am soooooo proud of both of them!
Ellen (in purple)
Janine (in blue)
Congratulations to Tammy, Brenda, Michele, Nicole, Doug, Terry, Janice, Andy, Eva, Jim, Greg, Celina, Eric, Ellen, Janine and all the other people that I knew out there today. It wasn't a pretty day but you were all amazing!
2 comments:
Karen! I hope I do meet your friend at the Scotiabank half! We're going to kick 1:45 butt!
It was awesome to see you today - your energy propelled me to the finish!
xx Eva
Hey Karen
Thinking of you. I hope you are well. I just took a peak to get caught up with you. Erin
Post a Comment