This week the biggest concern is the initial trip to Thailand. A friend of mine from Vancouver is joining me for the first ten days of my journey but so much is up in the air. Her trip is all about going to Thailand and I was so looking forward to having a friend to travel with for a bit. But, as I type this the airports in Bangkok are closed and there is a travel advisory not to go there. If we were flying this week the decision would be simple, we would not go to Thailand. Refunds would be issued and plans would change. But that's not the case. The travel agent can't tell us much right now so that isn't helping either. Hopefully things will sort themselves out soon enough. I really don't like having this part of my journey in limbo.
A few other glitches seem to be popping up but thankfully they are small glitches.
I am continuing to pack up some of my personal belongings from my apartment. It surprises me to see how much personal "stuff" I actually own. Thankfully I don't have to pack up my entire apartment. My exchange partner will want and need most of my household items.
The phone calls and e-mails continue as well. I think I have the banking under control but I still have questions about medical and dental. I think my car storage is taken care of too, but I have to remember to switch the insurance the day I leave.
On a positive note, I was able to deliver a small box of winter clothing to a friend. She is shipping a vehicle back to Australia and offered to take some things for me. Hopefully the box will arrive safely and I will be able to be reunited with my things.
My to do list keeps growing and I sure hope I can get everything done before I leave. I think I will need all the luck I can have so please WISH ME LUCK!!
1 comment:
Everything will be fine! You know it ;) Let me know if I can do anything to help... anything at all! What a great trip you're going to have.
Post a Comment