Jan 24, 2010

Happy January

I can't believe it's been two weeks since I updated this blog.  I guess being back at home I have a lot less exciting news to report.

Last Friday night my tri club held its official opening night.  It was great to catch up with old friends.  There were a ton of new faces too.  That same evening a good friend from Calgary came to visit.  It was so wonderful to spend the weekend with her.  Even though I don't see her too often, when I do it's like no time has past at all.  We had a fantastic visit and I'm hoping it will happen at least once a year.  Apparently it's my turn to head to Calgary.

This week I also booked a trip to Mexico with one of my Ironman training buddies.  Since I left Australia and pretty much headed right back to work in Canada I figure a warm vacation was in order.  I haven't counted how many days until I'm going away again, but I know it will get here soon.

I'm still loving my school, my class, and my BOOKS.  It's funny how much I missed all the children's books I own.  Just this past week we did a mini unit on The Three Little Pigs. I own about ten versions of the story and it was so nice to have them, and have the children read/look at them.

I'm back running three times a week.  I'm also swimming four times a week, and riding twice a week.  A couple friends from work do a mini boot camp after school one day a week and I'm taking part in that too.  Soon enough I will be super fit again, and I know when I'm super fit I'm usually super happy too (albeit a bit tired).

Oh and how could I forget, again, I went to another Canucks game.  As usual it was a ton of fun and we WON so I can't even complain about the score.

The Olympics start in less than three weeks and my city is going to be a real crazy place to be.  While I'm not looking forward to the traffic headaches I am looking forward to all the excitement around town.  From where I live I'm able to walk to some of the major venues and I can assure you I will be  checking out what ever I can.

Unfortunately the local mountains don't have much snow on them because we've had an extremely mild winter (it was 14 c last week).  Obviously the Olympic committee has back up plans.  I never thought I'd say this but I hope it gets colder and that the mountains get some more snow.  I also hope that it's sunny while the Olympics are on.  I live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and I tell you nothing beats a sunny day in Vancouver.  But then again, maybe I don't want the entire world to know that.

Okay enough rambling for this week.  I really should start taking pictures around my city 'cause this blog is awfully boring with out photos (that and I don't have anything exciting to write about these days).

Happy January

No comments: