Karen
This picture was taken while watching the Opening Ceremonies
(It should have been in last weeks blog but I only recently received it)
The Athletes Village
(Double click the image to see the various countries)
Ontario Pavillion
Concord Pacific
(Some pavilions are on the right, water on the left, and BC Place straight ahead
Molson Canadian Hockey House
(This was one of the few "pay" Pavilions)
Quebec Pavilion
View from the water of Quebec and Saskatchewan Pavilions
Sochi House
(AKA Science World)
Holland Park (Surrey LiveCity Site) inside the big tent.
Erica, Ashanti, and I at 54-40 Concert
Nancy and I watching Canada's Hockey Team BEAT the Russians!
Nancy, Paul, and I on Granville Island
Nancy and I being silly as usual
The Light Display on every night.
Anyone could go on line and control the movements of these lights
Outside LiveCity Yaletown
Granville Island from the Granville Street Bridge
(The white arch in the background is one of the many live venue stages around town)
Some local "olympic" art
Amy and I at the Northern Canada House Innukshuk
Northern Canadian's watching their Yukon athlete compete.
My Inukshuk
Our latest boyfriend
German House - yes there is a good hockey game on TV
German House (take two)
The next bobsleigh champions - or not.
The OLYMPIC RINGS!
The Olympic Cauldron
Amy and I at the Cauldron
A lot of people checking out the Cauldron
Amy and I
Two Crazy Canadians
(They were all ready to watch Team Canada beat Slovakia)
Royal Mint Pavilion - they let people touch the medals but the line up was way too long for me.
Goofing around on the secret 5th floor of the Bay. I didn't really want to wait in line for the "official" olympic store but the fifth floor (which required no waiting in line) had a lot of good stuff too.
Silly me, again. I actually tried this jacket on in all three colours.
For $500 a pop (plus tax) and living in a city that doesn't get THAT COLD I decided to pass on the purchase.
Hockey Jersey Fun
Sochi Russian (2014 Winter Games) Mascots
Sochi Clothing
(Super super expensive and not really all that nice)
Women's Gold Medal Curling Game
We watched it on TV in the Bay, in Sleep Country, and on the Streets
You were always near a TV.
Having a little fun with the Olympic Mascots!
Snowboarding Sumi!
Aboriginal House Totem Poll
Vancouver by Night
(From Amy's apartment window)
Molson Hockey House
Maison Du Quebec at Night
Yahoo Fancouver fun again.
My good friend Ana and I.
Ana lives in Calgary and had an eight hour stopover in Vancouver
Kathy, Ana, and I
The Stanley Park Inukshuk missing one of his gloves.
The OLYMPIC Rings photographed from Stanley Park
The Olympic Rings AND the Cauldron
(Double click and you'll see the flames at the middle right)
Harry Jerome running with his OLYMPIC mittens too!
Stanley Park Totem Polls
Saxon House
The Vancouver Art Gallery
Robson Square and its ice rink
One of many ads on buildings in the downtown core.
A view from the Chapters at Robson and Howe
Yes, that's a REAL BIG Canada Flag
The Vancouver Public Library
Olympic Venues and the Athletes Village (across the water)
Photo taken form Amy's Apartment
Me, post run, freezing, infront of a massive Canada flag.
Alberta Pavilion
Bell Ice Cube
BC Place Stadium






1 comment:
Karen What Great Pictures!
I can't imagine how amazing it must have been to be a part of those amazing Olympics! I am glad to see you made the most of the experience.
Cheers, Erin
Post a Comment