Mar 12, 2010

Spring Break

This past week and next week my school is shut down for Spring Break.  Typically we only have one week vacation at this time of year but my school district decided to make us work 10 extra minutes each day so that we could be rewarded with an extra week off at Spring Break.  Needless to say I'm LOVING it.  This week I accomplished a ton of things I just haven't been able to get around to since returning from Australia. In a way, I landed back in December and I've been running non stop since them.  Having this past week off has been excellent as I finally have just about everything back in order (well I still have one bike at Erica's place but hopefully I'll pick it up soon).  I've managed to do many of the required vacation things like sleep in, paint my toe nails, snoop around town, and socialize with friends.  In addition I've accomplished many of the must do life things  like visiting the doctor and dentist, and dealing with the car and the home (it was about time I donated away the boxes and bags of clothing hanging around my apartment, recycled the many boxes I had in storage, and changed a light bulb or two).  Heck I made time to finally restring the drawstrings in a couple of workout pants, and I even polished my favourite Fleuvog boots.  Of course I swam, biked and ran too - never once complaining about how sleepy I was.   So you could say that I've been very productive with my time off.  However, the best part of this vacation is that while I'd normally be heading back to work on Monday after my one week off this year I'm heading to Mexico for  my second week off.  I can't tell you  how much I'm looking forward to this rest and relaxation.  Look out Mexico here I come!!

No comments: