Mar 28, 2010

Thinking of a Friend

Yesterday, while out on my long ride I heard some news that has really affected me.  A friend of mine has been diagnosed with Breast Cancer and I can't stop thinking about her.  She's young and full of spirit and drive.  She's a people helper spending a year working in Africa to help those less fortunate. That's who she is, someone always helping others.  This week she is undergoing a double mastectomy and then will be gifted with two new and I'm sure beautiful perky breasts.  It sounds like Chemo will start after that.  I know she is strong, and from what I've been reading she has an amazing attitude and an incredible support network. If you're reading this, please take the time to think of her and send her strength and love.  I know I will be.

1 comment:

Mary Hewitt said...

Thanks Karen.
Appreciate all the good vibes :)
xo Mary