Sadness
This past week has been really tough on me emotionally. To begin with a super wonderful guy named Simon passed away. Simon was young and fit yet for what ever reason he had a heart attack that claimed his life. Simon left behind his wife, parents, and siblings. In my mind I'm still trying to figure out why. It's just so wrong.
In addition it was the week of goodbyes. It's been really hard for me to say goodbye to so many important people in my life. I've been trying to hold back my tears and I've been pretty good most of the time but I know some have seen them slip out. When I left work on Friday I stopped by the gym to say goodbye to my colleagues and friends. I couldn't look anyone in the eye as I was giving/getting my last goodbye hugs. By the time I hit the car I was in full streaming tears. I've been in tears a lot these past few days.
I know that I'm about to embark on an amazing adventure. I also know that it's only for a year, and that I'm coming home. But even knowing all that I can't help feeling sad about leaving so many people behind.
*23 kg Luggage Restriction
Today I was one step away from becoming a basket case. I can't tell you how many times I weighed and reweighed my suitcase to get it under that 23 kg mark. Whose idea is this weight restriction anyhow? I'm going to a far away country for a year. I'll be living in the part of the country that has four seasons so I need clothing for all seasons. I also want to bike commute, swim, and run while I'm there so I need some work out clothing. I'm not packing much of anything actually but it doesn't seem to matter. I'm still having trouble getting under those silly 23 kg. Thankfully I have some friends/family coming in the next few months so they are helping to bring over a bit of my stuff. I figure it's a fair trade for a free place to stay. I am very grateful for their delivery service. (As a side, I just realized that for the domestic Thai flights I've booked my luggage has to be down to 20 kg!! Isn't that stupid - I can't even fill a suitcase! Thankfully the one bag that I will be storing while I travel Thailand will be far from full so I can over load it while it's in storage. Ugh.)
Until next time, wishing you all the very best this holiday season.
Please be patient with my updates. It may be a while for the next one because... "I'm leaving on a jet plane. Don' t know when I'll be back again........"
*Just back from the post office. I broke down and pulled some more winter clothing from the suitcase and mailed it. Who needs winter clothing in the SUMMER!! I'm also very very grateful to my friends K and R because they are bringing some of my winter clothing too. T-13.5 hours until departure.
No comments:
Post a Comment