B and I arrived safely in Krabi on Christmas morning. We made our way to the town of Ao Naong and then caught a long tail boat to a beach called Railay. Accomodations were easy to find and we settled in. Unfortunately the weather didn't really cooperate with our "beach" vacation. While the beach is truly beautiful the weather was wet and cloudy. Railay is a pretty quiet place so I have to admit I was going a bit stir crazy. By the second day the sun came out in the morning and stayed until about 2:30 so I has able to enjoy some rest and relaxation on the beach. While on the beach you are constantly hounded by people wantingto give you massages or sell you snacks and drinks. I had a fourty minute foot massage (for like maybe $5) as I layed in the sun. It was very nice.
Yesterday B and I took a boat tour of the Kho Pi Pi Islands. We went snorkling twice and visited the famous beach where the movie The Beach was filmed. It was totally beautiful. Again I have pictures but I won't be able to add them until I get back to my laptop (assuming it's still in my bag in Bangkok). I will post when I can. You won't believe how beatiful it is here.
Okay, enough rambling. B and I are waiting to catch a bus to the airport for our flight to Samui. I'll update when I can. In the mean time, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Dec 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you are settling into travel after all your anxious prep.! Yeahhhhh!! Happy 2009 to you too. Can't wait for photos.
Post a Comment