May 25, 2009

A Diagnosis and the Unfortunate Luck Continues....

I spoke with the specialist today and I do have ulcerated colitis.  Thankfully it's only in a small part of my insides and hopefully it can be easily managed.  It is recommended that I go to a gastroenterologist (although I'm not sure my medical will actually cover the visit so it will be another out of pocket expense).  The good news in all of this is that there wasn't any sign of cancer. 

On my way home from work today  I had ANOTHER bike crash. This one wasn't because of my stupidity though.  This one was because of the road conditions.  I rode home in the rain tonight.  At the beginning of my ride I have a pretty steep hill to go down.  Knowing that my tire was new and that the roads were wet I did my very best to go down as slowly as I could.  It didn't really matter though because as I hit the round about  at the bottom of the hill my bike slide out from under me and I got up close and personal with pavement AGAIN.  The bike seems to have taken a bit more of a beating (my handle bars have a new "original" shape), I have more blood on me, and I'm very certain I will hurt in more places tomorrow.  Thankfully I don't think I've broken any bones. I'm taking transit to and from work for the rest of the week. 

When I got home I had another unexpected bill in my mail box.  This one was from the pathologist who tested my cells taken in the procedure.  I guess someone had to pay for his services and that someone is me.  $262 (less $40 if I pay with in 21 days) will be paid by me tomorrow.  I have no idea if I'll see any of this back.

I still have two more bills to come (the surgeon's and the anesthesiologist's) before I can submit them all and cross my fingers that I'll see my money back.

Since I need to end this on a positive note my work laptop did survive my bike crash (it was in my backpack when I crashed) and I can still access the work I've done on my report cards.  I guess I can be thankful for that too.

1 comment:

Julian13 said...

Oh boy, you are in the wars aren't you!

Hang in there it will het better soon.