Before I commit the time to writing report cards I'm off on one more adventure. This weekend I'm heading to Western Australia. Perth isn't all that close to anything but I've managed to find a good flight that will give me two full days in that part of the world (but not a lot of sleep). I've already booked a full day tour for Saturday leaving from Perth heading to Margaret River visiting several places along the way. It will be a very long day (13 hours I think) after a night of almost no sleep. It could be interesting but as I often say, "you can catch up on your sleep when you're 80". I have an idea for Sunday's adventure too but nothing is official yet. The good thing about Perth right now it's that the weather has consistently been in the mid 20's. I sure could use some of that warmth. The funny thing about this quick weekend away is that I don't think I'll actually see any of Perth beyond the airport and my hostel bed.
Between my trip to Western Australia and the day my report cards are due I will be staying in Melbourne. Thankfully there are some fun things planned during this time too (there are a ton of great things to do here in Melbourne - it's a fantastic city). We have an exchange event planned for the 16th of May and we will be heading to an Australian Rules Footy game. I don't know much about the sport (yet) but I do know that people are as passionate about their Footy Team as I am about my Vancouver Canucks team. I've also been invited out to a night at a Vodka bar. That could be interesting too.
So while report card season is quickly approaching there are still many good things for me to look forward to. Plus, the day the reports are due in June I'll be off on another adventure because it's a LONG weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment