May 20, 2009

Quick Medical Update

I went through with the colonoscopy today and I must say the bowel prep yesterday was the worst part of the procedure. Waiting three hours and fifteen minutes in the waiting room before being given a bed for the procedure was a close second though.   The colonoscopy was easy because I was under anesthesia the entire time so I didn't feel a thing AND they fed me after.  

The doctor spoke to me after the procedure but I was still under the anesthesia so I'm not positive about what he said.  I do know that I need to call him on Friday for the official test results (he did a biopsy).  But what I think he said is that I have ulcerated colitis.  Again, this isn't official because I really don't remember what he said.

That's the update for now.  Thankfully at this stage I don't need to fly home for treatments or anything.  I'm waiting until the results before I plan any more adventures.  I am hoping to get to Darwin in August to see Kakadu and there are several other places on the east coast I'd like to visit.  For those that e-mailed me directly with your concerns much thanks.  It's nice to know that people at home are thinking about me and sending positive vibes my way.  It hasn't been easy going through this so far away from everyone back at home.  Having said that though a few of my staff members have been great to me and I'm really thankful for them.  Here's to hoping that there is good news coming my way and that I can deal with what I have and continue to enjoy the rest of my adventure here in Aus.  There is still far too much I want to see and do.

1 comment:

Canuckiwi said...

I sent you some healing energy about 11am your time!! Did you feel it??? Just know that I was thinking of you!!!