May 12, 2009

NHL Playoffs While on Excursion

Today was game six of a best of seven playoff series between the Vancouver Canucks and the Chicago Blackhawks and heading into the game my Vancouver Canucks were down 3 games to 2. Unfortunately I wasn't near a computer to check on the scores because I was on an excursion with my class in the city. Normally I'd just check the score when I got back to a computer but today's game was different. If we won, we kept playing and if we lost we were done for the season.

Knowing me, and knowing my love for hockey I must say I have the best friends back at home. Not one but two of my good friends sent me text messages throughout the game so that I was always on top of the score. I was right there with the highs and the lows of the game even though I'm here in Australia. In the end we lost which totally sucks but it's great to know I have such good friends back home.

2 comments:

D said...

That was easily one of the most emotionally draining hockey games I've ever watched. It was INSANE!
Sigh.

RW Nancy said...

I STILL cannot believe that score!!!!