Right now I'm sitting at the Melbourne airport passing the time as I wait to board my plan to Darwin. It's been a long but productive week. This morning I was up early because of crazy rain and wind storm. Early was five hours after I went to sleep so needless to say I've been pretty tired all day long.
My school has a disco as a fundraiser. It was today after school from 5 - 6:30 for the junior kids. It was so cute to see these kids dancing away covered in neon products like necklaces and bracelets. I went to take some photos only to find out that my brand new (like what four weeks old?) camera isn't working any longer. I'm not really sure what's up - all the parts work but the screen only takes black pictures even though I can clearly see the pictures taken with it yesterday. Needless to say it's going back to the store next week. Thankfully though a work friend lent me her camera for the weekend. It seems a bit unwell but hopefully I'll be able to take some photos while in Darwin.
Oh yah, that's why I'm at the airport in Melbourne. I'm off to DARWIN, Northern Territories to visit Kakadu National Park. My plane arrives at about 1 am in the morning and I'm on a two day one night Kakadu tour five hours later (yes, 6 am pick up). It reminds me of my trip to Perth and Margaret River. But like I often say, you can catch up on your sleep when you're 80 (and hopefully I'll actually sleep on the plane for a bit).
Not sure what my internet access will be while I'm away but know that I'm safe and having fun. Fingers crossed that the borrowed camera works so that I can share some photos on the blog when I get back. Darwin is suppose to be in the mid 30's and SUNNY so I can't wait. Summer in the middle of winter is NEVER a bad thing.
Until then....
Aug 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment