This weekend was my second weekend in a row in Melbourne before I venture away for five weekends in a row. After work on Friday, as you probably read, I registered for the Melbourne Half Marathon. Danielle and Zane then came by and picked me up and we headed to Lygon Street for dinner. We went back to the restaurant I went to when my sister was here and I had another great risotto.
Danielle and Zane
As usual I was up early Saturday morning. I managed to catch up with a couple of friends before I headed out for my run. I ran for about 50 min and after a short walk I was back on Smith Street. Some how I managed to find myself in another shoe store and I now own a new pair of brown leather boots. Since all the winter sales are on right now (making room for the SPRING clothing) I picked them up for a score - $50 AUD.
The New Brown Boots!!
Once home I showered and changed and headed to Eithad Stadium to meet up with Tracy and her family. Tracy is one of two reading recovery teachers at Footscray North Primary School. I think she's great so it was nice to get to know her husband and children a bit better too. Tracy's family members are huge Western Bulldog's fans. Tracy took real good care of me too - providing me with a hat and scarf for the game along with some snack. They have great seats too right down near the field. Unfortunately I couldn't get any great pictures of the game but I have a couple to share all the same. The Bulldogs also won (which is no surprise because they are third in the league this year). I then went back to Tracy's home and enjoyed a wonderful meal with her family. It was a great night.
Woofer and I!
(Woofer is the Bulldog's Mascot)
Me and Tracy
(Her eyes had trouble with the flash - they are usually OPEN)
This morning I was up early and I headed back to Lululemon for a yoga class. It ended up being a pilates class which was fine too. Madeline wasn't there this week (which was too bad) but I did catch up with Jessica for a few minutes before and after class.
Jessica and I outside of Lululemon
I spent a good part of the day lying on the couch. I think I've got some allergies these days as my nose is running like crazy. I don't think it's a cold though because I have regular energy. Last night I didn't sleep though so the couch time was wonderful.
I'm about to start what I dread most about this adventure and that's my weekly planning. Next weekend I'm off to Darwin though so no matter what happens Monday to Friday I know that there are great adventures in store for me. Darwin is also very warm so it will be so nice to be back in the warmth. As I mentioned at the start I'm actually away the next five weekends in a row. Two weekends are airplane weekends (Darwin and Hobart), two are car trips (Ocean Grove, and Healsville), and one is a train trip (Bendigo). There should be lots to write about and little time to complain about work.
1 comment:
Nice boots - they were a score! Congrats on registering for another half marathon - it's great motivation to keep you running wherever your travels take you. Sometimes the most fun can be had when you're running in a strange place, trying not to get lost (you know me, directionally challenged and all :-) Have fun on your weekends away - I look forward to reading all about them on your blog.
Post a Comment