Aug 26, 2009

How Could I Forget To Tell You...

Things must come at me so quickly and so frequently that I forget to tell you a lot of stuff.  Last week wasn't all "same old same old".  The day before I "tipped over on my bike" I  had a flat tire after work.  Thankfully the flat was discovered while I was leaving work so I got right down to changing it. I was in a bit of a panic because I had two important letters that I wanted posted to Canada with the hopes that they could arrive by Friday.  Some one noticed my panic and took the letters to the post for me (and they arrived on time too  - thank goodness).  Anyhow back to the flat.  As I'm about to pump up my tire for what ever reason my pump gives me some trouble then it pretty much breaks in my hand.  Ugh.  But I carry one emergency CO2 cartridge with me so I quickly use that to fill my tire with air.  All good and I'm feeling pretty proud of myself (yes I've changed MANY flat tires but I still feel good when the change goes well) until all of a sudden the tire is out of air again.  Now remember my bike pump doesn't work anymore so I don't have much choice.  I walk my bike about 2.5 km (or so?) to the nearest train station. Me and my bike take the train to Flinder's station in the city.  I then walk, with my bike, all the way home (4 km or so).  So, while the intention of the afternoon was to get out of work quickly enough to make the 5 pm post office closing hour and then go for a run, I ended up at home closer to 7 pm with no desire to run.  It was a bad end to another lousy day at work.

No comments: