I very clearly remember how I was feeling during the run portion of Ironman Canada 2008. It was a stupid event and I was a complete idiot for entering it for a fourth time. I knew what I was getting myself into but I signed up anyhow. I mean, who in their right mind swims 3.8 km, then rides 180 km, then runs 42.2 kms all on the same day?
Well guess what? I DID IT AGAIN! This morning I had the opportunity to sign up for the 2010 race from right here in Australia! I'm not sure if its because I miss my training buddies so much while I'm here in Australia, or that I have become so terribly out of shape that I needed a REAL kick in the pants to get me moving again. But what ever the reason, it really doesn't matter because I've dropped the cash on the registration and I will be doing IMC 2010, my fifth if anyone is counting.
Perhaps it's time that I be committed. I know I've totally lost my mind.
Oh, and as a side, September 1 marks the first day of spring here in Australia. I have officially survived a Melbourne winter and I STILL don't own a car. Who would have thought it?
Aug 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You've made a good choice. It's a big part of your Vancouver life. So when you return it will feel like home cuz you'll be right back into prepping for IMC #5?!
Post a Comment