Dec 22, 2009

Miss You Want A Copy Handbag, Wallet, or Watch?

Yes, if you know anything about Hong Kong you'll immediately know by the title of this blog that I'm in Hong Kong.  When I booked my ticket home I decided that I'd take a 48 hour stop over in Hong Kong instead of flying close to 25 hours in a row.  For what ever reason I've hit Hong Kong completely exhausted and if I could I would have slept my entire time here away.  But the original intention of this stop over was to revisit Hong Kong, and perhaps do a little bit of shopping damaged.  Unfortunately my desire to shop is at an all time low.  In addition both my suitcases are over filled AND over weight.  I did snoop around a lot but I came up with nothing.  Yes, I know I'll say it again, I was in Hong Kong and I bought nothing.  Well not officially nothing but pretty darn close.
One thing that has frustrated me about this trip is all the people that keep approaching me to sell me copy handbags, wallets, and watches.  I'm usually pretty patient but some of these people have been so forward and irritating.  Obviously I don't look Chinese so I'm an instant target.  I felt like wearing a sign that said, "NO I DON'T WANT ONE OF YOUR KNOCK OFF PRODUCTS".
What has been cool about Hong Kong is all the decorated building and lights for Christmas. Even though I don't celebrate Christmas I can still enjoy the lights.  In addition to the usual nightly harbour light show, they have also decorated the sides of many of the buildings.


Looking towards Hong Kong Island
(Notice the decorations on the sides of the buildings)



Here are a few more shots I took around Hong Kong.  I think I took a lot more the last time I was here so if you're curious you'll have to check back on a blog I wrote in January.



A produce market I stumbled on to near the Temple Street Market

A view from an overpass - notice the double
decker buses and trams!

I rode a Hong Kong tram and it was pretty cool.  It was a lot different than the number 96 tram I've become so familiar with buzzing along Nicholson Street in Melbourne.



A market we passed as I was on the tram.

Hong Kong reminds me of an asian New York.  It's busy, it's loud, and it's retail over load.  Hong Kong is the place to shop for high end merchandise, and it is also a place to find high quality knock offs.  It's a great city to come with your girl friends to shop, shop, shop.  Unfortunately this time through I'm just too tired to enjoy all that it has to offer.

I'm writing this blog while sitting in the Hong Kong airport. My year of adventure is just about to come to an end.  While I've over filled my bags, and gained a fair bit of disgusting weight around my middle section (ugh, ugh, ugh), I have a ton of stories and pictures to share with anyone who is willing to listen.

I can't believe it but.... I'M COMING HOME!!!!  I can't wait to see you all.

No comments: