Apr 4, 2009

It's Time to Fall Back

Just when you (my Vancouver friends and family) figured out our new time difference with your daylight savings time, we are now switching off daylight savings time.  So as of 3 am tomorrow morning (Sunday, April 5) I will be seven hours behind, but one day ahead.  That means when it's 7 pm for you, it's 12 noon for me but the next day.  It will make verbal communication with the mother country that much harder.  Thankfully e-mail knows no time zones.

It's a good thing I know about the time switch though because I have a flight to catch tomorrow at 12 noon, which is the old (or will be soon enough)  1 pm.  I don't really care what time it is as long as I'm at the airport in order to I catch my flight to New Zealand.  It's going to be another great adventure, including an awesome five day visit with my friend Donna from back home.  I'm not sure how much (if any) blogging I'll do while I'm in NZ but there will be a full update when I get back.  Remember when I land back in Melbourne after this adventure my DAD will be waiting at the airport for me.  So many great things to look forward to...

2 comments:

RW Nancy said...

Spring ahead...Fall behind......so how does that work in Australia??? Oh.....maybe I'll just have a glass of wine. Hope you made your flight! Have fun in N.Z.

Tracey Randall said...

I remember this was so hard for me too -- I couldn't reach people and would get so excited if skype worked as scheduled!!