Just because I'm living in Australia right now doesn't mean that I'm not following my hockey team back home. Although my class knows very little about ice hockey, they too are becoming Vancouver Canucks fans. They haven't quite grasped how to say "Canuck" but they have the Vancouver part down. They also know that the goalie looks really big although I did explain to them that he wears a lot of protection to keep him safe from the flying pucks. They were surprised to see what he looked like without his padding.
On Wednesdays during lunch eating time I watch a second class in addition to mine. All of us were eagerly waiting the over time score update. The kids were out of the room playing out side when the Canucks finally did score, so you can imagine how excited they were to hear this when they got back in after lunch.
It's weird to be so far away during NHL playoffs.
Way to go Canucks!!
Apr 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Are you wearing your jersey????? LU...LU.....LU....LU...LU...LU!!! I will wave a towel for you. On to round two!
Post a Comment