Apr 27, 2009

Two Runs in Three Days...

Wow, I still can't believe it.  I left home on Dec 23 and since that time I've managed to go for a "run" six times. For those that don't know me too well from the end of August 2008 until the end of November 2008 I completed one ironman distance triathlon and two marathons.  So running only six times in four months just seems so unlike me.  But maybe I've turned over a new leaf.  On Saturday  morning before I headed to Frankston to meet up with Jessica and her crew I went for a run.  Granted I sat in my running clothing for over an hour before I headed out the door but eventually I did get out the door and I did run.  That was run number one in three days.

This evening as I rode home from work it started to rain.  I'm not really sure what got into me but the thought of running in the dark and the rain kind of made me smile.  Maybe what I've missed all these months living in Melbourne is rain, and a rainy night to run in.  Anyhow, I'm back from my second run in three nights and I must say this was the best run I've had since I left home.  Who knows, maybe I won't embarrass myself at the Gold Coast Half Marathon in July after all.  Or... maybe it's too early to make such assumptions.  After all it is only two runs in three day.  I hope it's more than that though...

Okay, it's now April 30 and I haven't run since I wrote this post.  I'm off to Sydney tomorrow after work and I'm bringing my running gear so I can sneak in a run while I'm there.  Lots on my mind and I know the run will calm some of the stress.  I WILL RUN AGAIN SOON!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Of course you'll run again silly! I'm so pleased to hear you're back on track (pun intended). Have a great time in Sydney - I'll be thinking of you when I'm running on Sunday. The 'nuckleheads won again tonight - must be all that cheering coming from Melbourne :-)