Jun 2, 2009

First Day Of Winter

I don't know how I forgot to tell you all but yesterday was the first official day of winter here in Melbourne.  While my friends back in Vancouver are melting in the warm June sunshine I'm about to embark on my first Melbourne winter.  Thankfully I know it will be NOTHING like what I missed back at home this past January and February.  What I am having some trouble wrapping my head around is me having a winter birthday.  I'm a summer baby through and through and it's just wrong that July is a winter month.  Thankfully I'll be in a warm place with my sister Debbie for my birthday.  But still, winter in July????

3 comments:

Diane M said...

Just wait until the mandarin oranges come out. Combined with the cold weather, I always used to start thinking of Christmas! Of course, having a Christmas in July party is a pretty common :)

Anonymous said...

How come Winter starts on june 2nd and not june 21st when summer starts here in canada? Any way hope you are feeling better. I think 10k's is an awesome run. Thinking of you! Be well. Erin

Canuckiwi said...

Tell me about it. I have a spring birthday in Canada but here I have an Autumn birthday with dead leaves and the whole bit! What's up with that??? So wrong!!