Today I attended the second part of a two day workshop on the Observation Survey. The workshop itself wasn't all that interesting (although more interesting than the first part) but what I liked about it is that it took me to another part of Melbourne. The photos of Altona Beach below were taking just blocks from Altona Primary the sight of my workshop.
Altona Beach
Altona Beach
While in Altona I snooped around a bit in the small shopping area. I went into a bike store and saw a great cycling vest - which I didn't buy, at least not yet. From there I boarded the train and headed into the city to transfer money and look for a couple of things. The train is just a commuter train and it took about 40 min to get to Southern Cross the main train station. Below is a picture of Southern Cross. I really like that train station because it's always busy with action. It's also home to the main bus terminal.
Southern Cross Train Station
Outside of Southern Cross there is a D.F.O. (Designer Factory Outlet). I did a quick snoop around but couldn't find what I was looking for. I did try on a super cute dress but my pudgy body didn't look all that good in it. I think I've mentioned before that Melbourne has great shopping, great coffee, great food, and great chocolate. I've taken full advantage of all the edible options. The photo below shows one of many many chocolate restaurants here in Melbourne.
It's really convenient for me to get from my Melbourne home to the airport. All I have to do is catch a tram from my home to Southern Cross, then catch a bus directly to the airport. It's a good thing it's convenient because I've booked more flights. In case you haven't been able to keep track since I arrived in Australia I've been to the airport for the following trips:
Melbourne-Alice Springs - Melbourne
Melbourne - Canberra - Melbourne
Melbourne- New Zealand - Melbourne
Melbourne - Sydney - Melbourne
Melbourne - Perth - Melbourne
Melbourne - Adelaide - Melbourne
In addition I have the following airplane trips to look forward to still:
Melbourne - Cains/Gold Coast/Whitsunday Islands - Melbourne
Melbourne - Darwin - Melbourne
Melbourne - Hobart - Melbourne
Melbourne - Fraser Islands/Queensland Coast/Byron Bay/Sydney-Melbourne
I still hope to find time for another trip to Adelaide to visit Kangaroo Island and a trip to Lauceston on Tasmania to see Cradle Mountain.
My travels haven't only included airplane rides. While I've been based in Melbourne I've travelled by car, bus, or train to the following places:
Great Ocean Road
South Gippsland
Great Alpine Road
Ballarat
Phillip Island
Mornington Penninsula
and the
Yarra Valley
We still have ITF weekends planned for Wodonga/Albury, Bendigo and Healesville. I also want to get to the Dandenongs, the Grampians, Wilson's Promotory, Echuca and back to Gippsland to visit with Sharon's friends there. I've been invited to Ocean Grove with a colleague and there has been talk of another trip (or two) to the great ocean road. And there has even been talk of a ski weekend.
SO now the question is.... what am I still missing with only weekends or slightly longer weekends to visit?
No comments:
Post a Comment