Jul 7, 2009

A bit more of Surfer's Paradise and Airlie Beach - Day 1

On our final day in Surfer's Paradise Debbie and I were up early enough to catch the sunrise.  In addition I took a few more pictures of the Surfer's Paradise beach and I posted one here for you.  

Sunrise from our Surfer's Paradise apartment

Surfer's Paradise Beach just by our apartment.

Unfortunately our shuttle back to the airport in Brisbane forgot to pick up Debbie and I but once the error was noticed and corrected we still managed to get to Brisbane on time for our flight.  We arrived safely at Prosperine airport here in Queensland.  It's a very tiny airport where the luggage shows up on the vehicle that collects it from the plane and you pick it off the cart.  No worry though we found our bags.  We boarded the bus and were off to our apartment. The air was a bit cool but we could tell it would be warm during the days (remember it is winter here).  After a bite to eat and a stroll around the town we were off to bed.

This morning we woke to another great view.  We  spent the day exploring Airlie Beach and soaking in some sun.  I went on a 6 km walk along the shore line and soaked in the amazing views.  We also booked two day trips. On Wednesday (tomorrow) we're off on a boat cruise which will be traveling past many of the whitsunday islands  stopping at three islands including the famous Whitehaven Beach.  We will be snorkeling again too.  On Thursday we're on a small sailing vessel which will have no more than 8 guests on it.  I think we'll be part of the crew as we sail around the islands.  We will also go to one Island that only this boat is allowed to stay at.  Again there will be more snorkeling. I'm really excited for both adventures.  Anyhow here are a few photos I took today.  I'm sure there will be many more to come.  Enjoy.

The view I woke up to this morning.

The view from the shore - notice all the sailboats and the beautiful water.

A glimps at some of the 74 Whitsunday Islands

More coast line and sail boats.

Sunset from my apartment.
Sunset from my apartment a bit later on.

1 comment:

RW Nancy said...

Looks amazing!! Great idea with the link.....I have added these islands to my ever-growing list!! Have fun!!