Jul 19, 2009

Congratulations Erica and Jamie!!

When this exchange was in the planning stages my good friend Erica got engaged to her boyfriend Jamie.  Never in a million years would I think that I would miss Erica's wedding.  She and I work together but have become much more than work colleagues.  She is a real true friend.  When I found out that they had decided to get married while I was in Australia I was heart broken.  Erica is someone really special and I think Jamie really gets that about her.  This was one wedding that I wanted to be at.  

Erica sent me an invitation and I told her that I  couldn't RSVP because I just couldn't say that I wouldn't be able to make it.  I even looked into flights to Canada and taking time off work.  This week I tried to get a hold of her by phone (without much luck) but I could barely leave a message because I was so sad.  I've  been teary in private a lot this weekend knowing that I could not make the wedding.

Anyhow on Saturday July 18th back in Canada Erica and Jamie got married.  Nancy from work tried to send me photos from her phone camera but  I never received them.  I wish the two of them a life filled with love, laughter, good health, and long lasting friendship.  They are two great people with so much ahead of them.  I can't wait to give them both a huge hug when I get home.

Erica and Jamie, July 2008

No comments: