Jul 16, 2009

A New Camera

Last week during  my third snorkeling trip on my Queensland vacation my underwater camera bag decided to fail on me and the result is that my great camera no longer works.  Despite several attempts to bring it back to life it still isn't working.  Yesterday I had no choice and bought myself a new "budget" digital camera. I was lucky that my dad sent a long some cash for my birthday so it wasn't too much of an out of pocket expense.  Anyhow, here are some pictures of the some of the people I work with plus a tiny tiny glimps into my classroom.  To be perfectly honest I'm not all that proud of my classroom here in Aus but I'm hoping what it lacks in personality I'm making up for it with mine.

John is one of our cleaners and he will do anything for you.  
He is incredibly kind and helpful.
(He's in my classroom in this photo)

Quang - He's our computer saviour.  He keeps all the IT stuff running.
(He's in my classroom too.)

Kay, she teaches 1/2 across from me and is one of our school's leading teachers.
She's super organized and if you need it she probably has it or knows where to get it.

Daniel, he's one of our cleaners.  
He's super nice and will help out where ever he can.

Seir - she teaches 1/2 as well and is very friendly.

Maria also teaches 1/2 and we share a storage cupboard.
Maria is very friendly too.

My classroom after the children have gone for the day.
(Certainly not the most creative learning environment I've ever taught in)

My Main Mode of Transportation
I haven't given him a name but he's been one great bike!

Anyhow, as you can see the new camera does work.  

This weekend Debbie and I as well as some of the exchange teachers are off on a weekend to Albury/Wodonga.  It's on the New South Wales, Victoria boarder and it's right near another wine region!  It should be a good weekend.

1 comment:

Red Wine N. said...

Glad to get a glimpse of your Australian school!!!!! Hope you have a fun weekend with Debbie.....take lots of pictures and save some wine for me!!