Jul 27, 2009

School Visits

In the past couple of weeks I've been in two schools different from mine.  While in Wodonga we visited Wodonga Primary and just early this week I visited Wembly Primary another Western Region school like mine.  I've take a few photos and I thought I'd share them (more so for my teaching friends back home).  One thing that some of you will notice from one of the pictures below is how LARGE their guided reading book collections are.  Compared to what I have back at home this is one area that Victoria schools surpass my school at home.  I've mainly focussed on the charts and posters I've seen in classrooms as there isn't a ton of the children's work being displayed (not that it isn't being displayed it just didn't stand out as something I needed to photograph). Anyhow here is a little bit of what I've seen.  

Heaps, and heaps of guided reading texts.

Posters on Writing Different Types of Texts
(which I would assume have been specifically taught before they have gone up)








How to choose book posters.


Tips on how to write a lead for a story (instead of the same old "One day...")


Daily routines posted for all to follow.


Character Development Posters

Reading Charts




 

No comments: