The day went quite well but it has left me feeling very overwhelmed. That's not a bad thing, it's just how I'm feeling. The staff seems very nice and there have been some very helpful people too. It was the first of three children free days.
Today we had meetings in the morning then met in our teams (all k - 2 teachers and the specialists that work with them). I had some time in my room (which all I did was move furniture around). I learned about the literacy assessment they (including me) do right at the beginning of the year for the grade one students. It looks great, time consuming, but very valuable data. As a staff we went for lunch which was nice. I then had a few more minutes working in the room before we ended the day with another staff meeting. After the staff meeting I worked in my room again before Mary drove me home. I've loaded my backpack with a lot of heavy materials that I'm going to try to get through this evening.
Tomorrow we have a day of first aid training and Friday is also planned for us. My first official day with children is Monday. It's going to be very interesting but hopefully by the end of this week I will feel ready to take on the new class. Right now I feel so NOT ready!
2 comments:
.....ahh.....it'll be a piece of cake....like riding a bike....and you KNOW how to do that! Have fun.
Wonderful Blog! Have a great first day ! Erin
Post a Comment