Jan 27, 2009

Orientation

Last Thursday and Friday I took part in a two day orientation for International Teaching Fellows (it's not called an exchange here in Victoria).  It allowed me to meet other people here for a year.  We had many different people talk with us both at the district/ministry level, as well as teachers who have perviously spent a year abroad.  I met many new people  We are all living some where in the state of Victoria but no one lives all that close to me.  That's okay though.  We also got to find out about some mini trips and activities that have been planned for us.  I've signed up for two trips already one taking place over a weekend in February and another a weekend in March.  The February trip will include a surf lesson.  It was nice to have the orientation but it wasn't so nice to lose two days of my summer vacation.  I'm about to embark on a long teaching period.  I will have three two week vacations to enjoy (and my two weeks at Christmas when I return to Canada) but my next long block of time off will be the summer of 2010!  And people wonder why I've done so much traveling these past few weeks.  I start real work tomorrow, and my first day with the children is on Monday.  YIKES!!!  Bye bye is my life of spending and traveling.  Now I need to add working to the mix.

No comments: