I'm staying at the Salisbury YMCA and if you're thinking oh you poor thing, I tell you it surpased all my expectations. I highly recommend it unless you are the "five star resort" type. It's not five stars but it is definitely worth the money when prices for hotels in Hong Kong is insanely crazy. I even have SPACE. The hotel is situated really well too right near both the star ferry terminal and a train station. Nathan street is around the corner and my bank machine is too. What more could a girl ask for? (Maybe that bank machine could be a bit further away as there is way too much to tempt me here!)
I haven't done a whole lot yet. I walked along the harbour, I walked up Nathan Street and the surround Granville Street. I took in the Temple Night Market. Tomorrow I hope to take a boat to the Giant Buddha (yes, I know I should stop seeing these Buddha's but I've heard the trip on the boat is part of the adventure), then make my way to the Stanley Market. I want to see if I can be on the top of the peak for sunset, and then back on the harbour for the 8 pm light show. We'll see if I'm successful.
The part of Hong Kong that I've seen so far is full of neon lights. FULL! I tell you I can't imagine what the electricity bills are here. But the lights do pop and so everything seems so alive and well.
One thing that's funny is that I keep thinking that I've stumbled into Chinatown and then I remember that I'm in Hong Kong so it's all CHINA TOWN!!! It's happened more than once too and I think that's what makes it even funnier.
Okay, that's all. Internet is pricey here or I need to find a better supply. While I have my laptop I'm not using it as it's super expensive to use it in the room.
Until next time....
1 comment:
I wish I could pop over and do the Hong Kong day with you. It's raining here, and everyone is busy taking down their strings of LED lights!!!
Post a Comment